There’s no question about it…. bookmakers make a lot of money! When it comes to gambling, they know what they are doing. So rather than just simply putting bets on, how would you like to
There’s no question about it…. bookmakers make a lot of money!
When it comes to gambling, they know what they are doing.
So rather than just simply putting bets on, how would you like to actually own a small piece of a well-established bookmakers and reap a share of their rewards yourself?
Established bookmakers make great investments, because:
- They have been around for many decades and have built and large and loyal customer base
- Bookmakers in general generate a lot of profit and they are experts in marketing, they know how to appeal to their customer base and continue to attract bets
- There’s always going to be a demand for betting regardless of the market and economy. Established bookmakers will always be at the forefront of capturing that demand
- They tend to be good dividend-paying investments
A good general guide for picking your investments is that you should invest in what you like and what you know. The best choices tend to be companies that you are already customers with. If you know that a bookmakers offer good customer service and good experience then they may be a good investment for you.
For our picks, we find William Hill, Paddy Power and Bet365 to be good investments for us. Your picks may be different.
Where can you invest in bookmakers
We have two options:
- We recommend Hargreaves Lansdown which is an established stock broker. They will charge fees for buying stocks but this company is one of the biggest and most reputable brokerages in the UK
- We also recommend Trading 212 which is a newer player in the market. Although not as established as Hargreaves Lansdown, they are increased a lot in popularity over the last few years. Their advantage is that there is no flat fee to buy stocks
Before taking the plunge to invest in bookmakers, we recommend that you seek independent financial advice beforehand.